The Search Is On!
Your help is needed to search the Questa Ranger District of the Carson National Forest for the U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree that will be placed on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. this year.
The perfect tree will:
- Be a fir or spruce species that is 70-85 feet in height and have a perfectly conical shape that is visually pleasing from all angles.
- Have a straight stem, uniform branching, natural density and good rich color.
- Reside on Forest Service land within the Questa Ranger District including the Valle Vidal Unit.
- Be easily accessible, preferably close to a road that will allow for crane and semi-truck access.
How to submit your candidate tree:
- Take a photo of the tree and record GPS coordinates or other information that will allow us to locate the tree.
- Email submissions by June 7, 2019 to capitolchristmastree2019@gmail. com with the subject line: CCT Candidate Tree Submission
- Or, send the tree location information and your contact information to:
- Questa Ranger District CCT Candidate Tree Submission 184 State Highway 38 Questa, NM 87556
Share your adventures using the hashtags #DeliveringEnchantment, #CarsonNF and #USCapitolChristmasTree.
For questions, contact Francisco Cortez at 575- 758-6254 or by email.